Blogs > Horse Sense

Marissa Raymo will discuss everything about horses, including horse health care tips, training tips, equestrian friendly trails, horse buying info and much more.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Craigslist Farm & Garden

So I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Craigslist. Most of the time I love it, but there are just some days that I could do without. Let’s say, for example, when the chronic flagoholics are having my post removed unnecessarily for the third consecutive time or when someone posts an item for sale, but isn’t actually prepared to sell it for another 6 weeks and then you drive 150 miles only to find that the actual pile of rust for sale is not the beautifully pictured item you were sold on a month and a half ago (you know who you are). Those are the moments I could go without.

But like I said, most of my Craigslist experiences are positive, which explains my unhealthy addiction.  Most days I check my Craigslist notifications shortly after I wake up, at least a dozen times throughout the day, and (of course) once before bed. It is like a sort of drug that causes you to spend money on things you would never, ever think to buy otherwise.

If not for my husband’s interference, I might have impulse purchased an incubator (I don’t even have any animals that lay eggs), a draft horse too tall to even fit into our trailer to come home, and a baby camel (c’mon, really?). But, if you can successfully weed through all of the scams and garbage, there really are a lot of good deals on Craigslist.

In fact, I’m building my new horse barn & pasture almost entirely from Craigslist postings.  The actual barn is being supplied & installed by a lumberyard that I found on a Craigslist posting. The stall mats, pasture fence (including all gates), and at least one of the horses that will inhabit the barn were all found on Craigslist.

For the bargain savvy equestrian, you can buy or sell just about anything horse related. There are varieties of economy to luxury new and used tack, barn supplies (even entire barns for sale), local boarding and lesson specials, and horses of all sizes and colors from free to far-from-it!
  
So if you have a pretty good BS meter and enough self restraint to keep from impulse buying a camel (and aren’t offended by the occasional f-bomb), I say check it out!

Cowboy logic of the day
“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.”

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent read. Informative, yet entertaining. Thanks for the updates!!

April 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Online Marketing
Share